Sunday, July 24, 2011

I almost forgot...

Remember a couple months ago when I kept bugging everyone to buy their tickets early because there were things we needed to spend the ticket money on that might not be available later?  Well, ticket sales didn't exactly pick up then and as a result there was one casualty: Parking.

We had a verbal agreement with Redhook to hold their Outdoor Bowl Area for our reunion, but since it took a while to get the money from ticket sales to actually reserve our venue, Redhook gave what would have been our parking to another large event going on there that same night because they were able to pay before us.

What this means for us is that we're going to have to get creative.  Since there is no parking at Redhook for us, the only other options are to park somewhere close and walk...the events coordinator did tell me that there is a little league parking lot about 1/4 mile down the street that is first come first serve, but there is also a concert at one of the local wineries that night so that parking might not be available either unless you want to get there at like 4 and find stuff to do for the next 2 hours until the reunion starts.

The other options are to either get dropped off and picked up, or take a taxi.  These two options are the best if you know you'll be drinking alcohol.  Safety first!

I know this is super inconvenient, but shouldn't be too much of a problem.  Redhook was just too good a place to pass up for our reunion...plus, when I found out that there wouldn't be parking available I called about a dozen different venues and even a few larger parks in the area and they were all booked.

Thanks everyone for your understanding and flexibility.

FYI, I (Jenny) will be unavailable from this afternoon through Thursday morning (at the latest) because I have a wedding to attend in Canada on Tuesday.  So if you e-mail me or message me on Facebook with any questions or concerns I won't be able to respond to them until Thursday, but I promise I will get back to you before the reunion.  Thanks again everyone.  I can't wait to see you all next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment